Home child care provider
In-home Caregiver based in Scarborough, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Home child care provider who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: In-home Caregiver
Position: Home child care provider
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 30 to 30.5 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Scarborough, ON
- The candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for the household in the absence of parents.
- The candidate must go shopping for food and household supplies.
- The candidate will be responsible for instructing children in personal hygiene and social development.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping daily activity and health records for children.
- The candidate will be required to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- The candidate will be expected to organise activities for children such as games and outings.
- The candidate will be in charge of preparing and serving healthy meals.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and caring for children.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting children to and from school and appointments.
- The candidate will be expected to look after the emotional well-being of children.
- The candidate will be expected to assist children with their homework.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free and odor-free.
- The candidate will be required to work at the Employer’s residence.
- On a live-in basis, the candidate must have free optional accommodation available.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be in charge of providing care to children over the age of 12.
Experience with special needs children
- The candidate must have prior experience working with special needs children, such as children with allergies or asthma.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, and vulnerable sector check.
- The candidate must provide valid reference information.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter