Heavy equipment mechanic
Dumas Contracting Ltd. based in Timmins, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Heavy equipment mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Dumas’ vision and values are straightforward. Our vision defines our future and where we want to go as a company. Our values are the underlying beliefs that guide our behaviour and actions and assist our company in achieving our vision. Our Vision is to be recognised as the most trusted international provider of world-class underground mining services. Dumas has built strong relationships with Indigenous communities across Canada and South America. We are committed to establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships in order to ensure that the local communities benefit from the social and economic benefits of our operations.
Dumas is a leading full-service underground mining contractor serving clients across the Americas. Our services cover the entire project lifecycle, from concept to completion. Site development and infrastructure, mine construction, production mining, and specialty engineering services are all part of this. Dumas can meet the demands of any project in any location thanks to its extensive fleet of high-quality production equipment. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning
Employer Name: Dumas Contracting Ltd.
Position: Heavy equipment mechanic
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $39.00 hourly for 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Timmins, ON
Major Work Area: Mining Industry
- The candidate will be required to adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- The candidate will be expected to clean, lubricate, and carry out other maintenance tasks.
- The candidate must be able to service attachments and work tools.
- The candidate will be required to troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- The candidate will be required to diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- The candidate will be expected to test repaired equipment for proper operation and ensure that the work meets manufacturer specifications.
- The candidate will be required to keep maintenance reports and documentation
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be required to order parts and maintain inventory
- The candidate will be required to perform heavy truck repair work.
- The candidate should have Welding experience
- The candidate will be expected to perform routine preventative maintenance on service trucks, such as inspections, tyre rotations, and oil changes.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the shop clean and maintain the inventory of parts.
- The candidate will be expected to work with the repair team to diagnose vehicle problems and plan repairs.
- The candidate will be responsible for replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- The candidate will be in charge of inspecting vehicle lighting systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for following a checklist of inspection procedures.
- The candidate will be in charge of testing automobiles in order to evaluate their condition.
- The candidate will be in charge of appropriately interpreting diagnostic test results.
- The candidate will be in charge of hiring, training, and managing a group of trainees.
- The candidate will be required to repair the suspension and steering of a wheel-mounted vehicle.
- The candidate must be able to maintain Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- The candidate will be in charge of using power, machine, and hand tools in a safe manner.
- The candidate will be in charge of adhering to all motor vehicle repair shop rules and regulations.
- The candidate will be in charge of presenting reports and plans for approval to clients.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate must be able to handle weight
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots, Safety glasses or goggles, gloves etc.
- The candidate should be accurate
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be well-versed in diesel engine components.
- The candidate should have strong diagnostic skills
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about maintenance and repair tools.
- The candidate should have good problem- solving skills
- The work site environment is noisy.
- Work places are completely smoke free
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The employer would cover the candidate’s travel expenses
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- Public transportation is not available for the candidate to use
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Remote location.
- Health and Long term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
865 Mountjoy Street South