Highline Mushrooms have four growing facilities (two in Leamington, Ontario, one in Kingsville, Ontario, and one in Wellington, Ontario) and a distribution centre based in Montreal, Quebec. They have grown to become the largest mushroom grower in Canada. Highline Mushrooms was founded in 1961 by Dr. Murray O’Neil. With a passion for quality and innovation, Highline has driven to the forefront of many great technological advances in the North American mushroom industry.
Their highly developed cropping techniques have enabled them to grow all white, mini bella and portabella mushrooms without the use of any pesticides or fungicides regularly required in the cultivation of mushrooms. Change is key to their sustained growth and success and they recognize that it comes in many forms; sometimes this means finding new machines, sometimes it means working out how to do things better and sometimes it means adding new products and different packaging. From changes in our work processes to the adoption of state-of-the-art growing technology, the ultimate goal is to be Always Growing.
Highline Mushrooms based in Langley, BC, is looking for farm supervisor with 10 vacancies. The ones chosen to be employed will be required to start work as soon as possible. The shifts vary from Day, Weekend, Early Morning to Morning. The vacancies refer to that of permanent employment and a full time job.
Employer Name: Highline Mushrooms West Limited
Position: Harvest Hand
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.20 to $16.00 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Blenheim, ON
- Should expertise in handling mushrooms.
- Will be required to harvest mushrooms.
- Will be required to clean the work area.
- Should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg.
- Will be needed to work in confined spaces that may be wet and damp with odor.
- No degree, certificate or diploma is required.
- No experience is mandatory for the job.
- The candidates applying should have the medical examination done.
- Candidate should have their own tools and equipment like Steel Toed safety boots and gloves.
- Candidate should have their own transportation.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Should be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Should be comfortable handling heavy loads.
- The said work demands a lot of physical activity.
- Should have manual dexterity.
- Should have good hand eye coordination.
- Will be required to stand for extended periods and hence should be comfortable with it.
- Bending crouching kneeling will be a part of the daily activities and hence Candidate should be comfortable with it.
- Candidate should know how to handle large workloads.
- Overtime will be required.
- Candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- Should be flexible and a good team player.
- Should have values and ethics and should be very much reliable.
- Should know English.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given options.
3392 – 224th Street
3392 – 224th Street
V2Z 2G8 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM