Aphria Inc based in Leamington, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and Morning. The position of Greenhouse worker has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Aphria Inc
Position: Greenhouse worker
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $15.50 hourly 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Leamington, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of clipping.
- The candidate will be in charge of deleafing.
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the greenhouse.
- The candidate will be in charge of tying.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the pruning of trees, shrubs, and plants.
- The candidate must mix and prepare soils.
- The candidate must plant bulbs and seeds.
- The candidate must pot and re-pot plants.
- The candidate will be required to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings.
- The candidate must report any signs of insect or disease damage.
- The candidate will be required to dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs.
- The candidate must water and care for plants, lawns, and/or gardens.
- The candidate must clean the work area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.