Ed Sobkowich Greenhouses based in Grimsby, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined, but the candidate will be required to work from 07:30 to 17:00.
Employer Name: Ed Sobkowich Greenhouses
Position: Greenhouse worker
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 32 to 55 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Grimsby, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of greenhouse cleaning.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the pruning of trees, shrubs, and plants.
- The candidate will be required to mix and prepare soils.
- The candidate will be required to pot and re-pot plants.
- The candidate will be required to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings.
- The candidate will be required to apply fertilisers.
- The candidate will be required to report any signs of insect or disease damage.
- The candidate will be expected to water and care for plants, lawns, and/or gardens.
- The candidate will be required to clean the work area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is floriculture production.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and hot conditions.
- The work environment is smoke-free.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Product
- Products include bedding plants and seasonal plants.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.