Global Human Resource Centre based in Etobicoke, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Forklift operator who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The GHRC was established in January 1991. Global, a dynamic personnel company that provides a variety of services, has been assisting businesses across Canada with their staffing and payroll needs for over 30 years. We began by serving the Scarborough and Toronto areas, but quickly expanded to include more locations throughout Southern Ontario. We now have offices in Scarborough, Cobourg, Peterborough, Lindsay, and Whitby.
We routinely meet the staffing needs of clients in these locations, as well as Markham, Richmond Hill, and the surrounding areas. Our Services include Temporary Industrial, Clerical, and Administrative Personnel Services, Contract Personnel Services, Permanent Placements, Managed Payroll Services, and Professional Applicant Testing. As an employment agency, we help job seekers find work and provide the workforce that local businesses require to succeed. We take pride in providing the best service to our clients and in assisting job candidates in finding suitable employment. Global ensures that all applicable federal and provincial legislation, as well as WSIB and Ministry of Labour regulations, are strictly followed.
We take extra precautions to ensure the safety of our employees. We are dedicated to providing excellent care and customer service. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Global Human Resource Centre
Position: Forklift operator
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Etobicoke, ON
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 year of working experience in similar industry
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should have strong problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should have exceptional knowledge of industrial equipment and its operation.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate will be responsible for unloading merchandise and materials from incoming vehicles and stacking them in the assigned storage facilities.
- The candidate will be responsible for locating and transporting product stock to crates or pallets for shipment or storage.
- The candidate will be responsible for identifying and reporting quality deficiencies or shortages to upper management.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting raw materials to manufacturing plants.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the goods to be transported are properly arranged in the vehicles.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting machinery to determine if it needs repairs and ensuring safety by routinely maintaining it.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date activity logs and inventory details.
- The candidate will be expected to follow company policies and legal procedures.
- The candidate will be responsible for keeping the facilities safe and secure.
- The candidate will be responsible for optimising loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- The candidate will be responsible for inventory management using RF scanning equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- The candidate will be required to identify workplace safety hazards.
- The candidate will be required to analyse production schedules in order to ensure timely delivery of materials and products.
- The candidate must be able to read and comprehend packaging, shipping documents, and safety guidelines.
- The candidate must be able to perform basic math.
- The candidate should have excellent peripheral vision as well as spatial relationship skills.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the work area clean.
- The candidate will be required to weigh and record product weights.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the forklift has enough gas.
- The candidate must ensure that forklift driving areas are free of spills and obstructions.
- The candidate will be expected to stay current on health and safety regulations as well as forklift operating procedures.
- The candidate should be self-motivated.
- The candidate should be familiar with industrial storage procedures, such as how to stack pallets on top of one another.
- The candidate must return the forklift to its proper location.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- The candidate must have a strong sense of responsibility in order to complete tasks without supervision.
- The candidate should have strong critical-thinking skills in order to solve problems with inventory, stocking, or late shipments, as well as prepare for a changing set of circumstances in a warehouse environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 00106