Sea Drift Fish Company Ltd based in Nanaimo, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish processor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Weekend.
Employer Name: Sea Drift Fish Company Ltd
Position: Fish processor
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $18.00 hourly / 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Nanaimo, BC
- The candidate must cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate must scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets, and remove scrap parts with a knife.
- The candidate will be required to inspect fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications, and place them in a container for weighing.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to document production data.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty, hot, cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with fish canning and cooking machines, fish cleaning and cutting machines, fish meal processing machines, fish products machines, fish smoker and dehydrator machines, and roe processing machines.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter