Great Northern Hydroponics based in 1400/1507 Road 3 East, Kingsville, ON N9Y 2E5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Farm supervisor has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Great Northern Hydroponics
Position: Farm supervisor
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1400/1507 Road 3 East, Kingsville, ON N9Y 2E5
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping work records and logs.
- The candidate must supervise nursery and greenhouse workers.
- The candidate will be expected to solve work-related issues.
- The candidate must requisition or order materials, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate must plan and estimate labour and material costs.
- The candidate must organise and direct the planting of trees, gardens, and lawns.
- The candidate will be expected to create work schedules and procedures.
- The candidate must plan, manage, and supervise landscape construction work.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise Contractors.
- The candidate must be able to supervise more than 20 people.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
Experience and specialization
Type of Crops
- The crop is strawberries.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a forklift.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be specialised in agricultural crop service and nursery or greenhouse.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance and Long-term care insurance.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.