Thiara Farms based in 1391 Brock Road, Dundas, ON L9H 5E4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Thiara Farms
Position: Farm supervisor
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.15 to $21.15 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1391 Brock Road, Dundas, ON L9H 5E4
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
- The candidate will be expected to create work schedules and procedures.
- The candidate must ensure that farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping work records and logs.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming and other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fertiliser applicator, harvesters, seed drills, sprayers or dusters, and tractors.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be skilled in agricultural crop service.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1391 Brock Road