Double M Farms based in Acme, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Double M Farms
Position: Farm manager
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $24.48 to $35.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Acme, AB
- The candidate will be in charge of mixing fertiliser.
- The candidate will be in charge of soil fertility programmes.
- The candidate must maintain farm machinery, equipment, and buildings.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate planting, cultivating, and crop harvesting activities, as well as raise and breed livestock and poultry.
- The candidate must purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed, and other supplies.
- The candidate will be required to determine the quantity and types of crops to be grown, as well as the livestock to be raised.
- The candidate will be expected to keep financial and production records.
- The candidate will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience in Agriculture, general.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The farm operation type is grain, oil, and forage crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fertiliser applicator, harvesters, seed drills, tractors, and trucks.
- The candidate must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience