SOCIÉTÉ DANSOKO SERVICES INC. based in 11301, Av. Edger, Montréal-Nord, QC H1G 5A3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Engineer, forest who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, To be determined and Morning. The candidate will also have the option of working remotely.
Employer Name: SOCIÉTÉ DANSOKO SERVICES INC.
Position: Engineer, forest
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $35.00 hourly for 30 to 35 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 11301, Av. Edger, Montréal-Nord, QC H1G 5A3; Remote work available
- The candidate will be expected to conduct advanced research in areas such as tree improvement, nursery seedling production, forest soils, forest ecology, forest mensuration, forest operations, and others.
- The candidate must create and manage programmes for tree seedling production and woodland nursery operations.
- The candidate must ensure that government regulations and company objectives are followed.
- The candidate must develop short- and long-term plans for the management of forest lands and forest resources.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring contract compliance and the outcomes of forestry activities.
- The candidate will be required to negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management, and leasing of forest lands.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and carry out public relations, education, and extension programmes related to forestry.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning and directing forest surveys and related studies, as well as preparing reports and recommendations.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and direct programmes for road construction, wildlife management, environmental protection, and insect and vegetation control.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and direct programmes for woodland harvesting, reforestation, silviculture, and fire prevention and suppression.
- As a forestry consultant, the candidate will be expected to provide advice and recommendations to private landowners, municipal, provincial, or federal governments, or businesses.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Bear Awareness Certification, an Emergency Care and First Aid Certificate, and a Scaling Licence.
- The candidate must have completed S-100 basic fire suppression and safety training.
- The candidate must be a Forest Engineer with Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) and Registered Professional Forester (RPF).
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must work in the forest industry.
- The candidate must be willing to work in both urban and remote areas.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with data manipulation and analysis, geographic information systems (GIS), modelling and simulation, and scientific programming.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in Forest pathology and entomology, Forest fire management, Forest physiology, Forest economics, Forest biology and ecology, Recreation and landscape management, Silviculture, Timber harvesting or production, Tree improvement and nurseries, Urban forestry, Wildlife ecology and management, Wood science and forest products, Forest and woodlands protection and Forest engineering and harvesting.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check and driver’s licence validity check.
- The candidate must have proof of immunisation.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The employer will provide the candidate with a vehicle.
- The candidate’s travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be willing to travel.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, computer, printer, internet access, cell phone, and fax machine.
- Health, Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Gratuities and Mileage paid.
- In addition to the Health and Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Team building opportunities, Parking facilities, and a Variable or compressed work week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- Dansgeni0001
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Link to web portfolio
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript
- Writing sample