Hydro One based in Toronto, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Data Engineer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Hydro One is proud to serve nearly 1.5 million customers as Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution provider. We have a long history in the industry, dating back more than 110 years to 1906.
Since then, we’ve worked to expand and evolve in order to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we are focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the communities in which we live, work, and play are safe. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job.
Employer Name: Hydro One
Position: Data Engineer
No. of vacancies: 9
Salary: $59 per hour
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
- The candidate will be expected to provide functional advice, interpretation, and guidance to system users within the Business Unit on the use of cutting-edge software technologies.
- The candidate must consider the work processes as well as the business requirements of the users and make appropriate system recommendations.
- The candidate will be required to conduct studies, typically in a team setting, to assist users in defining and documenting functional and system requirements for potential system solutions.
- The candidate must identify alternative solutions based on the business needs of the users and available/emerging technology.
- The candidate will be expected to assist users in developing business cases, including projected costs and benefits.
- The candidate will be expected to act as a project team leader in the analysis and design of new systems or major improvements to existing systems as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to provide an in-house programming resource to ensure and accelerate the development and modification of software under the Department’s control.
- The candidate will be required to interpret variables and alternatives for computer application maintenance, discuss and evaluate individual user requirements for software or hardware, interface with external groups on technical matters, and consider the potential for application infield locations.
- The candidate will be expected to develop standard operating procedures, documentation, and security/recovery measures to ensure the integrity and consistency of distributed software.
- The candidate will be required to represent the Department or the supervisor on Corporate or Business Unit project teams where information technology-related issues are being reviewed.
- The candidate will be expected to perform a value-added liaison function with system end users and Business Services (formerly Information Services Division) regarding modification/enhancement of installed customised Business Unit systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and controlling the ongoing maintenance contract with Business Services to ensure task completion on time and value for money.
- The candidate will be required to participate in the development of the annual system maintenance budget, anticipating future enhancement needs for review by users and the supervisor.
- The candidate will be expected to train field users or junior staff on system operations and procedures as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to help the supervisor develop strategic direction for the system support function.
- The candidate must assess potential market development and be proactive in evaluating the impact of technological changes.
- The candidate will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have completed four years of university education (GradeXII plus 5 years).
- The candidate should be familiar with computer technology, data analytics, data networks, and extraction processes related to customer information management systems in order to analyse data architecture and incorporate industry and market trends.
- To prepare reports and effectively communicate with stakeholders, the candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with reporting and analytics tools such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Oracle Databases, SQL, Sybase IQ, BI/BW, and other computer systems.
- The candidate must have prior experience in the transmission and distribution industry in order to understand the business objectives, current IT systems/interfaces, and customer service approach in order to support and improve quality of service and customer relations.
- The candidate must have prior experience in a quality assurance role where they used data analytics to identify technical system or process flaws.
- The candidate must have prior knowledge of the organization’s structure, contacts, applicable policies, procedures, and practises.
- The candidate must have knowledge of the structure of the electricity industry as well as market rule and code changes as they pertain to managing customer relations in the transmission and distribution business. This experience is thought to require a period of at least 8 years and up to and including 10 years.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.