Customer relations clerk
Air Canada based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Customer relations clerk who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Air Canada is the country’s largest domestic and international airline, serving over 210 airports across six continents. Air Canada is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and strives to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment that recognises employees’ unique contributions to the company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates to assist us in developing a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities in which we live and serve. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Air Canada
Position: Customer relations clerk
No. of vacancies: 15
Salary: $16.56 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Candidate having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have strong decision making skills.
- The candidate should be a quick learner.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate must be a self-motivated individual who is extremely enthusiastic about the job.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate will be expected to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities as they arise.
- The ideal candidate will be patient and have a “people-first” attitude.
- The candidate should have good empathy and listening skills to de-escalate situations and identify the underlying issues of a problem
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented
- The candidate should be able to find innovative solutions to complex customer problems.
- The candidate should be self-disciplined and trusted to work independently, as well as capable of working with minimal supervision.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows Excel, Office and Outlook.
- The candidate will be required to record customer conversations and prepare reports summarising the customer’s issue and how it was resolved.
- The candidate will be expected to collect information from customers about their experiences with the product as well as their interactions with customer service representatives.
- The candidate should be able to establish a trusting relationship with customers so that they feel they have a go-to person for special requests or unique concerns that require extra attention.
- The candidate must carry out refund and credit functions in accordance with clearly defined procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to provide professional, competent service to external customers such as travel agencies, other airlines, and insurance companies.
- The candidate must complete tasks based on provided training, reference documentation, and standard processes.
- The candidate will be required to communicate with customers via email and phone.
- The candidate will be expected to assist customers with flight reservations, itinerary changes, baggage concerns, and customer loyalty programme questions.
- The candidate will be required to communicate with customers when a flight is delayed or cancelled and work to reaccommodate them in accordance with company policy.
- The candidate will be expected to provide up-to-date and accurate fare, schedule, gate, flight arrival and departure information, as well as respond to general inquiries both in-person and over the phone.
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting passengers with check-in, issuing tickets, providing flight information, checking baggage, and resolving ticket-related travel problems.
- The candidate will be responsible for the safe transportation of our passengers to and from our aircrafts, as well as providing any additional assistance as needed.
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting all passengers with special needs, such as those in wheelchairs, unaccompanied minors, and visually and hearing impaired passengers.
- The candidate will be expected to assist passengers whose luggage has been mishandled or damaged.
- The candidate must answer the phone to provide information, resolve problems or complaints, and assist as needed.
- The candidate must identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and satisfaction.
- The candidate will be expected to keep accurate records and to update passenger files.
- The candidate will be responsible for identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- The candidate must enforce safety or security measures and protect sensitive areas.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details to submit work or send communications without error
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate will be expected to develop logistics in order to provide efficient customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to develop, build, and expand a customer base by providing excellent customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to keep and manage customer accounts in a systematic manner.
- The candidate will be expected to implement innovative methods that ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- The candidate will be expected to concentrate their efforts on achieving high quality standards in accordance with the organization’s standards.
- The candidate will be required to participate in educational opportunities to keep your knowledge of customer service related responsibilities up to date.
- The candidate will be expected to listen and communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully with various audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that company standards and procedures are followed when providing customer service.
- Health, Long term and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan and Dental plan
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits and other benefits
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get benefits as per collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
Job reference number- 26434