Standard Truck & Crane Ltd based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Crane Operator who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. With safety as our number one priority, we will continuously strive to ensure fast, efficient, and quality service and always aims for excellence. We offer high standards at low prices. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment. The selected candidates have to work on different shift timings.
Employer Name: Standard Truck & Crane Ltd
Position: Crane Operator
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $32.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate will be expected to carry out routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning and lubricating cranes.
- The candidate would be in charge of operating mobile and tower cranes to lift, move, position, or place materials and equipment.
- The candidate would be in charge of operating pile driving cranes, which would be used to drive pilings into the ground to provide support for buildings and other structures.
- The candidate would be in charge of operating cranes outfitted with dredging attachments in order to dredge waterways and other areas.
- The candidate must ensure pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Under general supervision, the candidate would be in charge of operating a crane.
- The candidate must inspect clearances, overhead lines, and other potential obstacles to ensure that no accidents or damage to employees, buildings, loads, or equipment occur.
- The candidate will be required to inspects and assesses ground conditions to ensure that the crane can be set up safely.
- The candidate would be in charge of inspecting cranes for defects and wear prior to operation, as well as performing any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate the speed and direction of crane and hoist movement in accordance with written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- The candidate has to fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and company safety laws, guidelines, and best practices.
- The candidate would be responsible for operating crane according to signals from helper.
- The candidate will be required to drive the crane to a work site.
- The candidate would be responsible for using lever and pedal controls efficiently.
- The candidate will be required to unload crane accessories from trailers or support
- The candidate should read and understand the manufacturer’s operator manual.
- The candidate will be required to assemble tower cranes on site.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of College degree/CEGEP.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- The candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- The candidate must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
- The candidate will be required to do daily and monthly equipment inspections.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be physically fit.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The candidate should have excellent depth perception and reaction time.
- The candidate should have excellent visual acuity to follow hand signals, maintain logs, and inspect and maintain machinery.
- The candidate will be required to work in a variety of weather including extreme heat and cold.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment, in a variety of shifts.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work in a safe manner and maintain a constant state of alertness as the nature of work performed within our terminal operations create conditions where a momentary lack of concentration or alertness can lead to catastrophic results.
- The candidate should have excellent hand eye coordination.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.