Bella Hospitality Group based in Fredericton, NB is looking suitable applicants for the position of Cook who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. In addition to delivering the best possible service for our guests and customers, Bella Hospitality Group also take responsibility for the impact that our business has on society and the environment and strive to affect our surroundings positively. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Bella Hospitality Group
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Fredericton, NB
- Cook (general)
- Line cook
- Prep cook
- The candidate will be required to clean kitchen and work areas
- The candidate would be responsible for preparing and cooking complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- The candidate will be required to prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- The candidate must plan menus, determine food portion sizes, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- The candidate would be responsible in ensuring the highest quality of food & beverage for guests through meticulous consistency, taste and presentation of all dishes.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining proper order and purchase control, as well as ensuring that all deliveries are received and handled efficiently and in accordance with hotel standards.
- The candidate must be capable of creating new dishes on a monthly basis.
- The candidate will be required to slightly modify recipes to meet the needs and requests of customers (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- The candidate will be responsible for removing any hazards and securing any flaws in the kitchen or equipment.
- The candidate must adhere to kitchen and hygiene standards.
- The candidate will be required to assure good quality and apt quantity of served food item
- The candidate must ensure proper food handling, sanitation, and food storage procedures are followed.
- The candidate should follow all food health and safety requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- The candidate will be required to cook food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- The line cook will be required to cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff.
- The candidate will be required to maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience in the restaurant field is not mandatory.
- The candidate must hold Food Safety Certificate
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have good decision making skills.
- The candidate should have sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques
- The candidate should have excellent organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to use their own initiative
- The candidate should have ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate will be required to work in Restaurant.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have very good physical condition and endurance
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be physically able to engage in repetitive hand movements to operate cooking tools such as knives
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.