2155831 Alberta Ltd based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction cost consultant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Our commercial projects include new construction as well as repairs and restorations. We can also plan, manage, and construct multi-phase jobs. We provide an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, budgeting, staffing, on-site organisation, and consistent, high-quality workmanship.
We collaborate with architects and designers to create stunning, functional structures. We keep an eye on budgets to ensure the lowest possible costs, stay on top of deadlines to ensure on-time delivery, and collaborate closely with the design team to realise your vision. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning
Employer Name: 2155831 Alberta Ltd
Position: Construction cost consultant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $38.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
Major Work Area: Estimating
Project Size Estimating Experience: $100,001 – $500,000; $500,001 – $1,500,000; 0 – $100,000
Student status: Full time enrollment
- The candidate must set up cost monitoring and reporting systems.
- The candidate must prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads.
- The candidate must estimate pre-contract costs.
- The candidate will be required to prepare labour and/or material cost estimates.
- The candidate will be required to liaise, consult, and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors regarding changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing timelines, resources, and budget development.
- The candidate must review, analyse, and prepare construction claims, construction cost data, and/or government contract data.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct dispute-related analyses such as cost and damage assessments.
- The candidate will be expected to investigate allegations of construction project fraud.
- The candidate will be required to conduct contract compliance tests on invoicing and supporting documents.
- The candidate will be required to assist in the preparation of work papers for departmental audits of ongoing construction and other related information.
- The candidate will be expected to implement a system of periodic quality and audit checks and to take appropriate actions as needed.
- The candidate must reconcile estimated vs. actual costs on completed projects.
- The candidate must create written proposals, cost estimates, budgets, and updates for clients and project managers.
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and approving inspection reports and drawing requests for adequacy, potential issues, and determining whether there are sufficient funds remaining in the budget to complete the project.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to less than 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have First Aid Certificate
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The ideal candidate will be client-focused.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- The candidate should have excellent problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Candidates should be detail-oriented
- The candidate must have a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and tact.
- The candidate should have effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information to all areas of the business in an understandable format and manner.
- The candidate should be well-versed in construction procedures and procurement processes.
- The candidate should be capable of handling and processing sensitive information as well as managing potentially volatile and litigious situations.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows Excel, Office, Outlook and Quick Books
- The candidate having hands on experience in Spreadsheet, Electronic Scheduler, Electronic Mail is an added advantage.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about the estimating package and database.
Type of Experience
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in residential construction and civil engineering.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The employer will provide vehicle to the selected candidates.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- Public transportation is available for the candidate to use.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have exceptional attention to detail, the ability to analyse and interrogate large amounts of data, and the ability to focus on high-level overviews.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking positions.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
- The candidate should have ability to distinguish between colours
Work Location Information
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location
- The employer would pay for the selected candidates’ relocation expenses.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
4628 Bowness Rd