Auberge Godefroy based in Bécancour, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Computer network technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Computer network technician has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Auberge Godefroy
Position: Computer network technician
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $58,500 annually for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Bécancour, QC
- The candidate will be expected to maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, and computer workstations and peripheral equipment.
- The candidate must assess and install computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- The candidate will be required to operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, as well as to coordinate network access and use.
- The candidate must load computer tapes and discs, as well as install software, printer paper, and forms.
- The candidate will be expected to provide problem-solving services to network users.
- The candidate must implement data, software, and hardware security procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to perform routine network startup and shutdown tasks as well as maintain control records.
- The candidate must perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- The candidate will be expected to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Web-server hardware and software.
- The candidate must set up local area networks and Internet connections.
- The candidate must install network traffic and security monitoring software and optimise server performance.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to website visitors’ and website designers’ requests for assistance and information.
- The candidate will be expected to perform backup and recovery operations on web servers.
- The candidate must be bilingual.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.