WESTON FORD based in 2062 Weston Road, North York, ON M9N 1X5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Automotive mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: WESTON FORD
Position: Automotive mechanic
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $22.00 to $32.00 hourly for 36 to 42 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2062 Weston Road, North York, ON M9N 1X5
- The candidate will be required to use blocks and hammers to remove dents, buckles, and defects.
- The candidate must file, grind, and sand body surfaces to be repaired.
- The candidate will be expected to clean and maintain the work environment.
- The candidate will be required to replace front end components, body components, doors and frames, and underbody components.
- The candidate must repair or replace interior components.
- The candidate will be responsible for applying primers and repainting surfaces.
- The candidate will be required to review the damage report and repair cost estimates, as well as plan the work to be done.
- The candidate will be required to mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
- The candidate must remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
- The candidate must repair or replace damaged windows, windshields, and sunroofs.
- The candidate must inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles to ensure proper handling.
- The candidate must be able to use soldering equipment or plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams.
- The candidate will be required to straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in the shop.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own tools, steel-toed safety boots, and mask.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
2062 Weston Road
M9N 1X5 Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed