Canadian National Railway based in Senneterre, QUEBEC, Canada is inviting applications from suitable applicants for the position of Assistant Track Supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills.CN is a global transportation innovator and trade enabler. Every year, CN transports more than 300 million tonnes of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America, which is critical to the economy, customers, and communities it serves. Every day at CN brings new and exciting challenges.
You can expect an interesting environment where you’ll be a part of ensuring our business runs optimally and safely, thereby helping to keep the economy on track. We offer the kind of paid training and opportunities that are the foundation of long-term careers, and we reward hard workers who strive to make a difference. Working as ONE TEAM, you will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture. Our careers are meaningful because the work we do is important. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Canadian National Railway
Position: Assistant Track Supervisor
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $85,391 per year
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Senneterre, QUEBEC, Canada
- The candidate will be in charge of track inspections and repairs, as well as replacing rails, ties, switches, and ballasts in their assigned territory.
- The candidate will be expected to manage engineering operations in accordance with CN’s operating plan.
- The candidate will be expected to manage transportation operations, including compliance with safe work procedures and practises, as well as deliver a high level of productivity and customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to lead people with clear direction and goals, as well as provide coaching and guidance to employees through regular performance monitoring.
- When carrying out their duties, the candidate will be required to apply collective agreement(s) and company policies, such as managing and coaching employees, conducting investigations, recommending corrective action, and responding to grievances.
- The candidate must manage budgets and workforce productivity while adhering to CN policy and its Five Guiding Principles.
- The candidate must clearly communicate track condition and daily production information to senior management in order to make necessary adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to participate in derailment and service disruption activities, as well as work with transportation and mechanical to determine cause and future prevention.
- When necessary, the candidate will be required to participate in investigations.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and managing track gangs, track inspectors and hyrail operations.
- The candidate will be expected to manage engineering operations, including adherence to safe work procedures, FRA guidelines, and CN policies and procedures.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of High School Diploma, Post-secondary education or General Educational Development (GED)
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience supervising a unionised workforce.
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of troubleshooting and problem solving.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of safety compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have Predictable and consistent attendance
- The candidate should have relevant work experience in similar working conditions or a regulatory/safety environment.
- The candidate should have budget management experience.
- The candidate should have experience with labour relations, such as interpreting collective agreements, responding to grievances, negotiating with union representatives, disciplining employees, and so on.
- The candidate must have railroad operating signal training or certification.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be accurate
- The candidate should have strong diagnostic skills
- The candidate should be self-motivated and capable of identifying and completing necessary tasks without direct supervision
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be energetic, capable of working independently, adapting quickly to changing circumstances and situations, and managing stressful situations.
- The candidate should be able to manage, mentor, and coach others.
- The candidate should have strong verbal, reading comprehension, and writing abilities.
- The candidate should be committed to getting the job done while adhering to established quality, safety, and client satisfaction standards.
- The candidate should have basic computer skills.
- The candidate must be able to comprehend and apply safety standards, policies and procedures, collective agreements, and operating rules.
- The successful candidate will be required to participate in a rigorous training programme lasting several months, during which we will teach them how to inspect track and instruct them on all technical aspects of the role.
- We have created a programme that combines classroom instruction with hands-on field experience.
- Our theoretical training may take place somewhere other than at home.
- To work as an Assistant Track Supervisor, you must successfully complete the training programme.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be available to work irregular hours (including nights, weekends, holidays)
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- The candidate must meet deadlines and interact with senior management.
- The candidate must be willing to work in both an office environment and outside in a variety of weather and environmental conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to travel on short notice for company business, which may include responding to an unexpected emergency or urgent situation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.