University of Waterloo based in Waterloo, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant professor – university who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Evening.
Employer Name: University of Waterloo
Position: Assistant professor – university
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $100,000 to $155,000 annually for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Waterloo, ON
- The candidate must provide research advice.
- The candidate must advise students on course and academic matters, as well as career decisions.
- The candidate must conduct laboratory sessions.
- The candidate must conduct research in his or her field of specialisation.
- The candidate will be expected to lead seminars and discussion groups.
- The candidate must direct graduate student research programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare special lectures and presentations for conferences and consultations.
- The candidate must plan, administer, and grade assigned work.
- The candidate must serve on faculty committees that deal with research, budgets, curriculum planning and requirements, and staffing.
- The candidate must teach one or more university subjects.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, other, mathematics, other, applied mathematics, other, chemistry, other, theoretical and mathematical physics, and physics, other.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed