Assistant Network Management Engineer/Officer
Hydro One based in Orillia, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant Network Management Engineer/Officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Hydro One is proud to serve nearly 1.5 million customers as Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution provider. We have a long history in the industry, dating back more than 110 years to 1906. Since then, we’ve worked to expand and evolve in order to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario.
Today, we are focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the communities in which we live, work, and play are safe. At Hydro One, we recognise that our people are the foundation of our company’s success and strength. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their and our success. To attract the best talent, we strive to build a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work, as well as to foster a culture of safety, innovation, and inclusion. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job.
Employer Name: Hydro One
Position: Assistant Network Management Engineer/Officer
No. of vacancies: 9
Salary: $103,673-$111,498/ Annually
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Orillia, ON, CA
- The candidate will be expected to work as part of a team to complete assigned tasks.
- The candidate will be required to participate in the implementation of Hydro One’s Transmission Outage Program.
- The candidate will be expected to identify opportunities and develop strategies, procedures, plans, and schedules for transmission outages.
- The candidate will be expected to participate in the efficient and cost-effective coordination of the outage programme, while also understanding internal Hydro One business processes and Service Level Agreements.
- The candidate will be required to coordinate, develop, and schedule equipment outage plans with Stations, Construction Services, TX and DX Lines, other Hydro One Lines of Business, external customers, and the IESO.
- The candidate will be expected to minimise the impact of Hydro One’s Transmission Outage Program on the Ontario Electricity Marketplace.
- The candidate will be expected to participate in the overall coordination of transmission and generation outages within the Ontario Electric Marketplace, as defined in market manuals/rules and the Transmission Connection Agreement.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the delivery of a consolidated outage plan to the Control Room.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing Hydro One’s transmission assets as well as meeting operational and commercial obligations in all time frames.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to transmission system equipment outages by providing advice, direction, and coordination of contingency planning.
- The candidate will be expected to provide operations support to the Control Room.
- The candidate will be expected to support operations and contribute to Hydro One’s strategic initiatives.
- The candidate will be expected to review and provide feedback on new or revised documentation, processes, and tools.
- The candidate will be expected to represent the company on various internal and external training workgroups.
- As workload and priorities dictate, the candidate will be expected to assist in other duties of the planning team.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the development of operating policies, standards, processes, practises, and procedures by providing engineering support.
- The candidate will be expected to help with the development and distribution of operating documentation with internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the development of strong working relationships with other lines of business where engineering support in operational issues has cross-functional accountability.
- The candidate will be required to work on working teams to resolve operational issues with other lines of business.
- The candidate will be expected to follow corporate policies and procedures.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a 4-year university degree in engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- The candidate must have 4 to 6 years of relevant experience, the majority of which should be in operating, outage scheduling, outage coordination, field operations (Operating, P&C), and/or system operating and training.
- The candidate must be familiar with computer technology in order to use various software applications in the administration of document systems.
- In order to communicate with internal and external stakeholders, the candidate must have excellent communication skills.
- The candidate should be able to communicate in clear and concise English, both verbally and in writing.
- To understand the practical applications of disturbance analysis and power system operation, the candidate must have extensive operating/technical experience.
- The candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of operating policies and procedures.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of integrated power system operations, including generation and transmission components and their impact on system security and economics.
- The candidate should be familiar with electrical power systems, particularly as they relate to the operation of various components of transmission and distribution systems.
- The candidate should have extensive experience in the secure and efficient operation of bulk power supply transmission, as well as the impacts on generation supply and interconnections.
- The candidate should be familiar with and understand the current redesign, deregulation, and evolution of the electricity industry.
- The candidate must have advanced technical writing skills for the preparation and review of contract documents, Scopes of Work, presentations, technical reports, and specifications.
- The candidate should be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- The candidate should have a broad understanding of and commitment to customer needs.
- The candidate should be excellent at team building.
- The candidate should demonstrate a clear commitment to customer and corporate objectives.
- The candidate will be expected to challenge current practises and recommend programmes with calculated risks to improve operations and develop new opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work with little supervision and is comfortable initiating independent actions.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be hardworking.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be good listener
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate should have an eye for details to submit work or send communications without error.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate must be approachable and helpful.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have sound problem-solving and analytical skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options