Harvard Garden Education Ltd. based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Art Instructor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Mrs. Wang Wenxia, our creator, founded Harvard Garden Education in 2014 to provide the most comprehensive and professional educational support for joyful and effective Chinese learning. We are dedicated to providing every student with a top-rated learning experience that engages, enhances, and enables them to achieve academic and life success.
We feel that a thorough understanding of Chinese culture is essential for properly appreciating the language and facilitating a more rewarding learning experience. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, On Call and Flexible Hours
Employer Name: Harvard Garden Education Ltd.
Position: Art Instructor
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $35.00 to $43.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
Art Exhibition Credits: 1 – 4 exhibition(s)
Type of Painting and Drawing Medium: Ink
- The candidate will be required to teach students the techniques and methods of drawing, painting, sculpting and other forms of artistic expression
- The candidate must be able to teach art classes.
- The candidate will be in charge of developing, planning, and implementing art and art history curriculum to satisfy learning objectives.
The candidate will be in charge of purchasing art materials and keeping track of the inventory.
The candidate will be in charge of preparing and arranging art materials and art equipment for pupils to use in the classroom.
The candidate will be in charge of teaching pupils how to use various drawing, painting, and colouring techniques.
- The candidate will be in charge of discussing various artistic methods and traditions with students, as well as encouraging them to express themselves artistically.
- The candidate will be in charge of teaching students how to use pencils, pens, charcoal, brushes, watercolours, acrylic paints, oil paints, and other art supplies.
- The candidate will be in charge of assigning art tasks to students, grading completed art projects, administering art exams, and keeping track of the students’ development.
- The candidate would be in charge of organising art exhibitions to showcase student artwork and assist them in developing their art portfolios.
- The candidate will be in charge of assessing each student’s progress in terms of knowledge and aesthetic understandings, as well as preparing progress reports.
- The candidate will be in charge of teaching pupils how to develop aesthetic notions and appreciations, as well as the ability to make qualitative art judgments.
- The candidate will be in charge of knowing and applying design elements as well as modern art principles.
- The candidate will be in charge of assisting and supporting the school administration in effectively operating the art classes.
- The candidate will be required to attend faculty and parent-teacher meetings.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that the classroom is clean at the end of each lesson.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should know other languages including Chinese
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Membership in a professional association
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be a master of a wide range of artistic methods.
- The candidate should be able to supervise group projects.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate will be required to work in generally pleasant conditions, and the work may appear confining, as they will be required to remain in the classroom for the majority of the day.
- In order to teach a variety of art styles, the candidate should have knowledge of art history and different art genres.
- The candidate should be able to recognise and nurture creativity.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Writing sample