Kelly Cove Salmon Ltd. based in 134 North Street, Bridgewater, NS B4V 2V6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Aquaculture worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Kelly Cove Salmon Ltd.
Position: Aquaculture worker
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 134 North Street, Bridgewater, NS B4V 2V6
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding aquaculture stock.
- The candidate must clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures.
- The candidate will be expected to help aquaculture technicians run fish hatcheries or other aquatic farms.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in and on water.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate will be required to work in a fish farm.
Experience and specialization
Type of Aquaculture Operations
- The type of aquaculture operation is salmon farming.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance, Long-term care insurance, Pension plan and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.