Classic Nails & Spa based in Orléans, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nail Care Technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Our nail salon is a first-rate Relaxation and Beauty Nails Spa that promotes comfort, beauty, well-being, and health to our affluent clients. We are dedicated to providing you with the most recent advances in beauty care. We only use the most reputable brands in the beauty industry. Our world-class products, services, and cutting-edge technologies will make you feel and look your best. Sanitation is always at the top of our priority list. To ensure the safety of our clients, we strictly adhere to the sanitation guidelines for beauty spas. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift times are as follows: Day, Evening, To be determined, Early Morning, and Morning.
Employer Name: Classic Nails & Spa
Position: Nail Care Technician
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 33 to 45 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Orléans, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for performing high-quality manicures and pedicures, which will include removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on the preferences of the clients.
- The candidate will be in charge of waxing, foot massage, facials, exfoliation treatments, body care or treatments, and eyebrow threading.
- The candidate will be expected to provide general information about beauty products to customers.
- The candidate should be able to schedule and confirm appointments.
- The candidate will have to apply artificial nails.
- The candidate will be in charge of recommending different nail designs and nail art to clients.
- The candidate will be in charge of assessing the condition of clients’ nails and advising them on proper nail care and appropriate nail care treatments.
- Before each use, the candidate will be responsible for sanitising all nail instruments and equipment.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping workstations clean and orderly.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that nail and massage supplies are well-stocked.
- The candidate will be in charge of providing high-quality hand and foot massages.
- In between appointments, the candidate will be expected to prepare and clean the beauty station.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nail care treatment advice (e.g. how to strengthen nails and how to make manicures last longer)
- When appropriate, the candidate will be expected to upsell treatments and beauty products.
- The candidate will be expected to show an interest in the customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
- The candidate will be expected to build rapport with clients in order to retain them and keep a full schedule.
- The candidate will be required to perform nail services in accordance with the service offering’s established guidelines, as well as strive to meet guest expectations in the areas of nail grooming, massage and exfoliation, and polish application.
- The candidate must understand and apply universal precautions when providing services, including assessing contraindications for guests before beginning all treatments.
- Every time, the candidate must present a professional and well-groomed appearance.
- The candidate will be expected to provide knowledgeable and professional responses to guests’ questions or inquiries.
- The candidate will be expected to promote other spa/salon services to guests by recommending other beneficial treatments provided by the spa.
- The candidate must begin and end all treatments within the time frame specified, as well as recommend products for home use or self-care.
- The candidate would be expected to attend scheduled meetings as well as professional trainings.
- The candidate must safeguard the customer experience and report any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- To successfully perform their duties, the candidate would be responsible for operating the following tools: nippers, files, buffers, cuticle removers, polishes, acetone, foot file, lotions, scrubs, hot cabbie, and paraffin heater.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to less than 7 months of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be well-versed in manicure and pedicure techniques.
- The candidate should be able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and patient.
- The candidate should be skilled in both basic and advanced nail techniques, such as manicures, airbrushing, and gel manicures.
- The candidate should be familiar with current cosmetology trends.
- The candidate should be familiar with sanitation and sterilisation standards.
- Certification in Cosmetology or Nail Art is an added advantage
- The candidate must have excellent selling skills in order to promote their company’s services and retail sales of the Spa, as well as a level of comfort with product recommendations.
- The candidate must have excellent customer service skills in order to complete consultations with customers and handle all questions or inquiries; build rapport with guests; and provide positive customer experiences in accordance with the organization’s established policy.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The ideal candidate will be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate must be willing to learn and invest in continuing education in order to improve or update their skills through training programmes, some of which are available in the spa, salon, or club.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
Manicurists and Pedicurists Skills
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning, trimming, and polishing nails.
- The candidate must be familiar with shellac, gel and dip, and acrylic nail extensions.
- The candidate must be familiar with nail art techniques.
- The candidate will be required to work in Esthetician’s salon, Beauty shop or aesthetic service.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Under Financial Benefits, the selected candidate would get Gratuities
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
110 St Joseph Drive
K1C 2L9 Between 10:00 AM and 07:30 PM
613-841-8808 Between 10:00 AM and 07:30 PM