Q Nails Supply ltd based in Fort McMurray, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nail Care Technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Q Nails Supply ltd
Position: Nail Care Technician
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of diploma or other trades certificate.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be well-versed in manicure and pedicure techniques.
- The candidate should be able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and patient.
- The candidate should be skilled in both basic and advanced nail techniques, such as french manicures, airbrushing, and gel manicures.
- The candidate should be familiar with current cosmetology trends.
- The candidate should be familiar with sanitation and sterilisation standards.
- Certification in Cosmetology or Nail Art is an added advantage
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of shellac, gel and dip, and acrylics.
- The candidate will be expected to stay current on all treatments and products used.
- The candidate will be responsible for performing high-quality manicures and pedicures, which will include removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on the preferences of the clients.
- The candidate will have to apply artificial nails.
- The candidate will be in charge of recommending different nail designs and nail art to clients.
- The candidate will be in charge of assessing the condition of clients’ nails and advising them on proper nail care and appropriate nail care treatments.
- Before each use, the candidate will be responsible for sanitising all nail instruments and equipment.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping workstations clean and orderly.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that nail and massage supplies are well-stocked.
- The candidate will be in charge of providing high-quality hand and foot massages.
- In between appointments, the candidate will be expected to prepare and clean the beauty station.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nail care treatment advice (e.g. how to strengthen nails and how to make manicures last longer)
- When appropriate, the candidate will be expected to upsell treatments and beauty products.
- The candidate will be expected to show an interest in the customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
- The candidate will be expected to build rapport with clients in order to retain them and keep a full schedule.
- The candidate will be required to perform nail services in accordance with the service offering’s established guidelines, as well as strive to meet guest expectations in the areas of nail grooming, massage and exfoliation, and polish application.
- The candidate must understand and apply universal precautions when providing services, including assessing contraindications for guests before beginning all treatments.
- Every time, the candidate must present a professional and well-groomed appearance.
- The candidate will be expected to provide knowledgeable and professional responses to guests’ questions or inquiries.
- The candidate will be expected to promote other spa/salon services to guests by recommending other beneficial treatments provided by the spa.
- The candidate must begin and end all treatments within the time frame specified, as well as recommend products for home use or self-care.
- The candidate would be expected to attend scheduled meetings as well as professional trainings.
- The candidate must safeguard the customer experience and report any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- This is a fast-paced industry with frequent changes in trends
- The candidate must be willing to learn and invest in continuing education in order to improve/update their skills through training programmes, some of which are available in the spa, salon, or club.
- To successfully perform their duties, the candidate would be responsible for operating the following tools: nippers, files, buffers, cuticle removers, polishes, acetone, foot file, lotions, scrubs, hot cabbie, and paraffin heater.
- The candidate must have excellent selling skills in order to promote their company’s services and retail sales of the Spa, as well as a level of comfort with product recommendations.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent customer service skills in order to complete consultations with customers and handle all questions or inquiries; build rapport with guests; and provide positive customer experiences in accordance with the organization’s established policy.
- The candidate should have strong communication skills to explain various treatments/services to clients as well as educate them about retail offerings; how to care for their nails, and recommend relevant products to them
- The candidate will be required to have the following physical abilities: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks
- The candidate should have excellent hand eye co-ordination.
- The ideal candidate will be customer-oriented and friendly.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given options.