Home Support Worker
Pro-Care Health Services LTD based in Winnipeg, MB is looking suitable applicants for the position of Home Support Worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Pro-Care Health Services & Support Ltd is a home and health care organization providing quality services to the community, hospitals, and long term care facilities.
Pro-Care Services was established in 2018 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with the intention of aiding the elderly, providing respite for parents, providing child care for various government agencies, and providing staff relief for various health care facilities and disability support organizations. Pro-Care Services employs a diverse group of staff to meet the many cultural, ethnic and language needs of our community. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Casual employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning
Employer Name: Pro-Care Health Services LTD
Position: Home Support Worker
No. of vacancies: 25
Salary: $12.50 to $15.00 hourly for 10 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Casual employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Target Audience: Adolescents, Adults, Young adults, Terminally ill, Over 12 years, Elderly, Convalescent, Persons with physical disabilities, Persons with mental health disabilities, Persons with an intellectual disability, Persons with a disability, Females, Males, Kindergarten age (4 – 5 years), Persons with Alzheimer’s disease
- The candidate will be expected to go shopping for food and household supplies.
- The candidate will be required to provide personal care such as toileting, bathing, and perineal care.
- The candidate will be required to provide companionship
- The candidate would be responsible for preparing and serving nutritious meals.
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping duties like cleaning and tidying the room or house, changing beds etc.
- The candidate would be in charge of washing, ironing and pressing clothes and household linens.
- In the absence of the householder, the candidate would be able to assume full responsibility for the household.
- The candidate will be in charge of mending clothing and linens
- The candidate would be in charge of providing bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be required to feed or assist in feeding
- The candidate will be expected to participate clients in regular exercise, such as walking, to ensure that they maintain their strength and work toward recovery.
- The candidate would be responsible for working with elderly patients and providing one-on-one care.
- To prevent bed sores and maintain comfort levels, the candidate will be required to turn and position bedbound patients.
- The candidate would be responsible for changing non sterile dress.
- The candidate would be in charge of medication administration.
- The candidate will be required to assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting with oral hygiene by cleaning dentures, brushing teeth and /or gums after meals and as required and also providing additional mouth care as necessary.
- When providing personal hygiene, candidates must observe and report the following: dry, cracked, swollen, or blistered lips, loose teeth and redness or swelling of the gums, condition of the dentures, and any other pain or discomfort.
- Candidates must also look for any skin redness on bony prominences such as the coccyx, heels, elbows, shoulder blades, and back of the head.
- The candidate will be required to respects clients wishes, beliefs and spiritual practices
- The candidate would be responsible for continuously observing patients and their environments i.e. they must report and document unsafe conditions and behavioral, physical, and / or cognitive changes to an appropriate supervisor, i.e., family member, employer, care coordinator, etc.
- The candidate will be required to support people with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices enabling them to take control of their own lives, increasing independence.
- The candidate must ensure that all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual.
- The candidate will be required to develop positive relationships with family and carers.
- The candidate would be responsible for caring a person or a family during periods of illness or recovery
- The candidate will be required to provide the highest quality care to service users in their own homes in accordance with their support plan, using a person-centered approach.
- The candidate will be required to assist people with disabilities or recovering from a condition in their homes.
- The candidate will be required to work within Health and Safety Regulations
- The candidate will be expected to help with therapeutic programmes for rehabilitation and development that have been agreed upon with appropriate clinical professionals.
- The candidate must provide a safe environment for those who require constant supervision and assistance.
- The candidate must remain alert to client problems or health issues and respond competently.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, Behaviour management Certification and Relationship development intervention (RDI) training Certificate.
- The candidate should have prior experience working with Special Needs Children in mobility assistance.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs), Between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs), Between 61 and 80 kg (133-176 lbs) and Between 81 and 100 kg (177-220 lbs)
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- Candidates must understand and adhere to emergency procedures.
- The candidate should have good problem solving skills
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must be accustomed to working with and comprehending the needs of various types of patients.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should have experience in providing general care and support.
- The candidate should have good knowledge in home care services
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- On a live-in basis, the candidate will be required to have optional accommodation available at no cost.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should pass the child abuse registry check, Adult Abuse Registry and Vulnerable sector check
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should provide a valid Reference details.
- The candidate is able to travel by public transportation
- The candidate should be willing to travel for extended period.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking positions.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
Work Location Information
- The candidates will be required to work in employer’s or client’s home
- The candidate will be required to work in rural area, urban area and various locations
- The candidate will be required to work in remote locations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
275 Garry Street
275 Garry Street
R3C 1H9 Between 08:30 AM and 05:00 PM
204-221-3900 Between 08:30 AM and 05:00 PM