Science North based in Sudbury, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Payroll officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift. The candidate will also have the option to work remotely.
Employer Name: Science North
Position: Payroll officer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $47,300 to $53,700 annually for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Sudbury, ON; Remote work available
- The candidate will be required to prepare and verify earnings statements for employees, indicating gross and net salaries as well as deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments, and insurance and pension plans.
- The candidate will be required to store, update, and retrieve financial data.
- The candidate will be required to perform clerical duties such as maintaining filing systems.
- The candidate will be required to prepare and balance period-end reports, as well as reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
- The candidate will be required to prepare monthly statements.
- The candidate will be required to complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for the administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment, and medical insurance.
- The candidate will be responsible for informing employees about payroll issues and benefit plans.
- The candidate will be required to compile statistics and reports.
- The candidate will be required to maintain payroll.
- The candidate will be required to keep records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime in order to calculate pay and benefit entitlements using manual or computerised systems.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- Health, long-term and other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance, Other benefits and Pension plan.
- In addition to the health and long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training, on-site recreation and activities, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), team building opportunities, travel insurance, and a wellness programme.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience