Community centre director
Centre culturel francophone de l’Okanagan based in 702, avenue Bernard, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6P5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Community centre director who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during Flexible Hours, and shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Centre culturel francophone de l’Okanagan
Position: Community centre director
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $54,000 to $60,000 annually for 37.5 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: 702, avenue Bernard, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6P5
Budgetary Responsibility: $100,001 – $500,000
- The candidate will be expected to hire and train professional and non-professional staff.
- The candidate will be expected to administer membership organisation programmes.
- The candidate will be required to establish administrative procedures.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operations and activities of social and community centres, correctional facilities, and detention centres.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to policy development by writing reports and briefings for management committees and working groups.
- The candidate must plan, manage, and control budgets for projects, programmes, support services, and equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning, organising, directing, controlling, and evaluating the delivery of social and community service programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to represent their respective organisations in government liaison and media relations.
- The ideal candidate will be bilingual.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Organizational Communication, General, Community Organization and Advocacy, Public Administration, and Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent written communication.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Work Site Environment
- The work environment is air conditioned.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate must work in community and social services.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate will receive Free parking and a flexible or compressed work week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter