At Tamarind Restaurant Inc, we are now hiring for chefs and cooks for our restaurant in Regina, SK. Giving the customers a bite of the vast and the finest experience of savouring Indian Cuisine is our utmost commitment and we’re looking for chefs who can live up to it and achieve the same. We ensure that the quality our food is not just fresh and healthy, made out of the finest ingredients in the market, but also purely authentic that transports you to the flavors of India. There might also be options for eligibility for LMIA/SNIP for certain suitable candidates. This aside, specialization in South Indian cuisine is necessary for the candidates.
The work will mostly involve conducting the chef’s plan and precisely directing the food preparation as also the other cooking activities of the kind, like preparing and cooking specialty foods and regular meals. The candidates applying are mostly needed to work in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, central food commissaries, other health care institutions, on ships and clubs and other establishments of the like.
Employer Name: TAMARIND RESTAURANT INC
Salary: $14-$18 per hour
Employment type: Full Time
No. of vacancies: 2
- Conducting a proper and detailed plan for preparation of food and other cooking activities in a number of restaurants and establishments like restaurant chains, hospitals and other establishments that are related to food services.
- Detailed consultation with clients regarding events, Banquets, weddings and other special functions.
- Planning the daily menu without fail and ensuring that the food meets the quality standards.
- Planning and accounting the labour and food costs.
- To supervise the activities of the specialist chefs, sous-chefs and the other chefs and cooks.
- To arrange for the repair of equipments and the purchase of other necessary equipments.
- To hire and recruit staff as needed.
- To either prepare food on a regular basis or for special guests and special functions.
- To engage in proper supervision of the kitchen staff, cooks, chefs and other workers.
- To demonstrate new equipments along with new cooking techniques to the cooking staff.
- Requisition of food and kitchen supplies is required along with the planning of food.
- May require preparation of speciality food or regular meals.
- Requires cooking and preparation of complete meals including speciality foods such as pastry, salads, soups and sauces, poultry and fish dishes, vegetable and meat and create a lavish and decorative display for special occasions with proper garnishing and eye appealing texture.
- The job involves instructing the cooks for preparation, garnishing, cooking and presentation of the food met with quality standards.
- A Secondary School completion is usually required.
- To apply, trade certification for the cook which is generally available and valid across all territories and provinces or any such equivalent training and experience credentials is required.
How to Apply
If you’re looking forward to applying, please email your resume to the given address.
E-mail: [email protected]